Tropical Storm Fay Causes Damage to Homes
Fay may not have reached hurricane like strength but it's already causing damage in homes here in Northwest Gainesville. There may not be gale force winds but the steady downpour of rain was enough to uproot long standing trees. With rain expected through the weekend, here in "Tree City USA" homeowners can think about the safest places in their home.
Project Manager, Eric Gibson of Restoration Specialists took us through the devastating effects one tree had on one home.
Gibson says, pay attention to spots where trees could fall, "...where would the branches fall or not, or where would some of the lighter branches maybe fall and you want to stay in those areas."
Staying out of the line of trees in your yard will be key says Gibson.
- Was Your Roof Damaged By Tropical Storm Andrea?
- Storm Causes Major Damage
- Tropical Storm Andrea: Trees Fall On Homes & Cars
- Strong Storms Sweep Through Marion County Causing Damage
- Volusia County Homes Damaged in Storm
- Fay Causes Rising River Waters
- Unconfirmed Tornado Badly Damages Suwannee County Business
- Repairing Sinkholes In Live Oak After Tropical Storm Debby
- Disaster Asistance Center Closing Despite Oncoming Storm
- Storm Damage