Multiple victims reported in mass shooting at a home in Bell. News conference scheduled for 8pm
Another School Bus Crash
Four Columbia High School students and six Richardson Middle School students were riding bus D-24 when a white pick-up truck rammed into the back of the bus. The bus was stopped on U.S. 90 east of Lake City picking up a student. The student's mother says she didn't hear any squealing of brakes before the crash.
"I thought what was the driver thinking," says eyewitness Sarah Craig. "Are they going to go around the bus? Or just try to stop in time? And that's when I realized the closer that the truck got to the bus, it was impossible."
School officials say the bus stop is safe, but the public has to assume some responsibility for paying attention on the roads.
All three teens taken to the hospital have been released by doctors. The driver of the pick- up truck, 25-year-old Rachel Griffis was airlifted to Shands in Gainesville and is listed in stable condition as of Monday evening.
Florida Highway Patrol is investigating to determine if charges should be filed.
- Marion County School Bus Crash
- School Bus Crash Kills Woman
- Alachua County School Bus In Crash, Minor Injuries Reported
- Child Hurt In Gainesville School Bus Crash
- 12 Students Hurt in Putnam County School Bus Crash
- School Bus Crash
- Fatal School Bus Crash
- Child Killed in School Bus Crash in New Jersey
- Middle School Students Stop a Bus from Crashing
- Gainesville's Looking For Another Bus Maintenance And Storage Facility