Alachua County Sheriff deputies arrested a teenager who they think is responsible for as many as 20 car burglaries early Wednesday.
The juvenille broke into cars that were unlocked with values that were in plain sight. He said that he broke into almost 20 cars in just a few hours.
Dept said that it ended in Benwood Estates of Northwest Gainesville. A local homeowner was sleeping in the front room when the security lights on his porch went off. When he looked to see who it was, he saw someone crotching by the car and called the cops. Dept found a bike and a spiderman backpack that had a small amout of marijuana, three ipods, three MP3 players, a digital camera and 120 dollars in cash.
"This is a good example of people we to lock your vechile and keep your valuables out of sight. Car burglarys dont happen if there is nothing inside" says Alan Forgey of Alacha County Sheriffs Office.
So far the teen has been charged with one misdemeanor count of larceny and could be charged with more if police could identify more victims. If you have had your car broken into, contact Dect. Patrick Tumbler at 352-367-4181.
- Burglary Ring Bust
- Trenton Burglary Bust
- Dixie County Burglary Ring Busted
- Vehicle Burglary Bust
- Four teenagers busted for burglaries
- Burglary Suspect Falls Through Restaurant Roof
- Two arrested in connection with 60 burglaries
- $30,000.00 burglary concerns truck drivers in Marion County
- Ring of Criminals Connected To 50 Burglaries Arrested
- School Assault Possibly Linked to Car Burglaries