Burn Victim Shares Story
In a story WCJB first brought you Tuesday, Matt Cason dialed 9-1-1... but in what authorities say was an apparent equipment malfunction, his call was picked up by the system and was unnoticed by dispatchers. Cason has his own building contracting business and says the accident happened august 29th when he lit a trash pile with what he thought was diesel fuel, but was actually gasoline.
After calling his wife, he dialed 9-1-1, but it took more than a minute for a dispatcher to realize he was on the line. He says it's the emergency system that needs healing.
"There's no room for error in that business," says Matt Cason. "Emergency response, there's no room for error at all."
Cason has second and third degree burns on 30-percent of his body. Doctors say dressings on his skin grafts need another two weeks to heal and they hope in another two months or so, he'll be almost fully healed.
- Heart Disease Survivor Will Share Story at Heart Walk
- Exonerated Death Row Inmates Share Their Stories
- A Murder Victim's Family Shares Fond Memories
- Summer Camp Helps Child Burn Victims
- Burn Victim Testifies against His Accused Attackers
- Teen Burn Victim, Arrested on Drug Charges
- Local Wildfires Keep Burn Ban in Effect: Clay County Blaze Now Burning
- Gainesville Police Remind Drivers to Share the Road
- Firefighters share Hurricane Experience
- State Senator Share Ideas on Florida's Future