NASA source tells TV20 spacewalk on Dec. 19 will be required to fix cooling problem on ISS.
Michael Bargo sentenced to death for the murder of Seath Jackson.
Drivers flock to gas stations
Some say they just needed to fill up as usual.
Other say they heard gas stations would stop selling after 2 p.m.
Gas stations throughout Gainesville and surrounding communities filled up this afternoon. That's because buzz about a potential hike in gas prices circulated within hours, and it prompted some to head to the pump.
Meanwhile, Jim Smith, of the Florida Petroleum Marketers andConvenience Store Association, says Hurricane Ike is to thank.
"The ships are staged in the mouth of the Mississippi right now, waiting for the seas in the shipping channel to get down from what they were yesterday," Smiths aid. "They were at 48 feet in the shipping channel, and so vessels carrying pertoleum products aren't going to move in weather like that."
He says rumors about gas going as high as $5.50 per gallon aren't likely. His guess: an increase of between 20 and 50 cents.
- Bad Weather Takes Out Gas Station Pumps
- Motorcyclist Dies After Road Rage Incident at Gas Station
- Allegations of racism at Gainesville gas station. Now family demands justice
- Man enters gas station with fake bomb.
- Baby born at Gas Station
- Two Gas Stations Robbed in Lake City
- Gainesville Gas Station Robbery Foiled
- Police Looking For Gas Station Robbers
- Winning Lotto Ticket Sold At Gainesville Gas Station
- Man Accused of Armed Robbery At Lake City Gas Station