Gainesville To Open New Theater For Youth
The city of Gainesville will open the Grace and Sidney Knight Garden Theater for young audiences this spring.
With a theme of the roaring 20s, the first Beaux-Arts Ball will be the city's first attempt at raising money for a new outdoor theater at The Thomas Center. Gainesville's historic arts center is a 1920s era building, setting the scene for flappers and gangsters, alike.
Proceeds from the ball will go to the new amphitheater located in the center's gardens, serving as a place for families and youth to enjoy performances in an outdoor setting.
General admission tickets for the Beaux-Arts Ball will be $85, but if reserved before Sept. 20, the price will be discounted to $75.
- New Urgent Care Center Opens in Gainesville
- New Medical Center Opening in Southwest Gainesville
- Mother-Daughter Duo Opens New Charter School in Gainesville
- New Healthcare Center Opening in Southwest Gainesville
- Crowds Pack Movie Theaters on Christmas Day to See New Releases
- City of Gainesville Enrolling Now For Fall Youth Football, Cheerleading
- Aurora Theater to Open Again
- Williston Elementary First Graders Open A New Restaurant
- Park Re-opens With New Boardwalk
- New Trauma Center Opens in Ocala