Gustav Evacuees Relocate to North Central Florida
As Hurricane Gustav continues to batter the Gulf Coast, millions of people are leaving their homes and possessions behind and moving to safety. Some of the people effected by Gustav have relocated to North Central Florida, and at least one of those families is making the best out of their situation with a little bit of Labor Day fun.
Neddy Cheramie is one of nearly two million people who have left South Louisiana, leaving Hurricane Gustav behind.
"Katrina and Rita were wake-up calls for a vast majority of the people of South Louisiana," said Cheramie
And that's why 10 members of the Cheramie family and two dogs came to Newberry to wait out the storm.
But that doesn't mean they're not enjoying labor day ... look at the video on the right for more ...
- Another Case of Meningitis in North Central Florida
- North Central Florida Honors Fallen Soldier
- North Central Florida Residents Monitor Rising Water Levels Along the Santa Fe
- Schools Across North Central Florida Begin FCAT Testing
- Home Sales in North Central Florida Rise Significantly Compared to Last Year
- North Central Florida Remembers Nelson Mandela
- New Laws Too Late For North Central Florida Charity
- Soldier Return to North Central Florida
- Earthquake Felt Half Way Around the World Causing Aftershocks in North Central Florida
- North Central Florida Veterans Honored