Mosquito population increases
Thanks to rain brought in by Tropical Storm Fay last month, some parts of North Central Florida are itching from a "hatch-off" in mosquitoes.
Kellie Etherson, of Gainesville's Mosquito Control Department, says that's why you might see a mosquito control truck spray in you neighborhood.
She says the spray is water-based and that there is a "do not spray" list available for those with allergies or adverse reactions.
- Population Increase in Florida.
- Alachua County Sees Increase in Homeless Population
- Homeless population increases
- Medical Spotlight: Mosquito-Borne Illnesses
- Mosquito Season
- Expert Says Giant Mosquitoes Look Scary, But Pose No Additional Threat
- Heavy Rains May Lead to "Mosquito Madness," this Hurricane Season
- Horses Attacked by Mosquitoes
- Mosquitoes are Out and Counties are Fighting Back
- Mosquitoes Use Standing Water to Stir Trouble in Alachua County