Mosquito population increases
Thanks to rain brought in by Tropical Storm Fay last month, some parts of North Central Florida are itching from a "hatch-off" in mosquitoes.
Kellie Etherson, of Gainesville's Mosquito Control Department, says that's why you might see a mosquito control truck spray in you neighborhood.
She says the spray is water-based and that there is a "do not spray" list available for those with allergies or adverse reactions.
- Population Increase in Florida.
- Alachua County Sees Increase in Homeless Population
- Medical Spotlight: Mosquito-Borne Illnesses
- Homeless Population Decreasing in Downtown Gainesville
- Census Officials Aim for "Hard to Count" Populations
- Bed Bug Population on the Rise
- Is The Net Ban Affecting The Mullet Population?
- Counting Gainesville's Homeless Population
- Fireworks Display Triples Small-Town Population
- Florida's Hispanic Population Growing