Newborn Baby Abandoned In Miami Found By Searchers
Authorities discovered an abandoned newborn baby hidden beneath a plant in Miami after a 19-year-old woman went to the hospital with heavy bleeding.
The woman allegedly denied giving birth or having sexual activity, but doctors notified police to look for an infant after examining her.
The child was found near a fence and placed underneath a plant, its umbilical cord and placenta still attached.
A fire-rescue crew took the baby girl to Jackson Memorial Hospital, where doctors removed part of the plant stuck in her throat. She was hospitalized in serious condition, and charges were pending against the mother.
- Abandoned Baby found in Ocala
- Police Release Picture of Abandoned Baby
- Three-year-old Boy Found Dead at Bottom of Abandoned Pool
- Father Abandons Baby at Strip Club
- Baby Found in Box in Ocala
- Official tout "Safe Havens" after baby found
- Unwanted Newborns
- Another batch of Zika-carrying mosquitoes found in Miami Beach
- Miami Woman's Body Found in Apartment, Teen Son Questioned
- Prehistoric village found in downtown Miami