Old train depot moves
Gainesville Regional Utilities officials say property near Depot Avenue and Main Street in Gainesville is contaminated. So, they started a cleanup effort this week.
The first step ... move a near-100-year-old train depot out of the way.
A crew started moving the first of four sections of the building Wednesday.
GRU officials estimate it will take about a month to move each section. That's one section per week.
- Train Depot gets facelift
- Depot Avenue Re-opens
- Depot Park Update
- Home Depot Arrest
- Depot Park groundbreaking
- Road Construction Between 8th & Depot Starts Today
- RTS Announces Delays and Bus Stop Closures on Main Street and Depot Avenue
- Home Depot and H.O.P.E.S. Partners with ARC
- RTS May Ban Smoking at Bus Depot
- Depot Avenue/Main Street Construction Updates