Old train depot moves
Gainesville Regional Utilities officials say property near Depot Avenue and Main Street in Gainesville is contaminated. So, they started a cleanup effort this week.
The first step ... move a near-100-year-old train depot out of the way.
A crew started moving the first of four sections of the building Wednesday.
GRU officials estimate it will take about a month to move each section. That's one section per week.
- Train Depot gets facelift
- Depot Park Update
- Road Construction Between 8th & Depot Starts Today
- RTS Announces Delays and Bus Stop Closures on Main Street and Depot Avenue
- Home Depot and H.O.P.E.S. Partners with ARC
- Depot Avenue/Main Street Construction Updates
- RTS May Ban Smoking at Bus Depot
- Home Depot Arrest
- Man Lying on Train Tracks Hit by Train in Marion County
- Tragedy in Bronson: 2yr old Accidentally Shot by 11 yr old Brother