Cop Attacked by Dogs
Two pitbulls are being held at Animal Services for attacking three Alachua police officers. Their owner, Gerard Moore was arrested for not complying with the officers.
Cops say, "once you let a vicious dog loose on a law enforcement officer and the officers have given a lawful command to control your animal, it is legal for them to protect themselves and take your dogs".
Late last night police we're called out to the area of NW 135 terrace. and NW 158 ave. where two men started fighting.
They found one man lying on the ground with minor injuries and located Moore a few blocks away with his dogs. That's when the confrontation with police took place. The owner took the dogs to a stop sign, where he left them, but did not secure them.
Once the officers began taking the suspect into custody, the dogs got loose, started attacking the officers, leaving blood on the streets.
One officer was badly bitten on the thigh and his colleagues were bitten on the arm and the foot. One bite going through the officer's boot. Two officers were able to get one dog into a car and tasered the other to get him off the third officer. The officers were treated and released.
Moore was charged with aggravated battery times three and is being held on one hundred thousand dollar bond. The dogs will be quarantined for ten days.
- Ruling: 2 Dogs Should be Euthanized for Attack
- Woman Accepts Plea Deal For Dog Attack
- Woman Requires 150 Stitches after Dogs Attack
- Pit Bull Attack In Gainesville Kills Dog & Injures Owner
- Child Dies After Being Attacked By Two Dogs
- Dogs attack Horse
- Columbia County Deputy Forced to Shoot Attacking Dog
- Deputies Search For Answers In Fatal Dog Attack
- Three people recovering after being attacked by dogs
- Another Vicious Dog Attack