It's an intersection that claimed the life of a vibrant, healthy 80 year old woman on Saturday.
Residents of southwest Ocala say unless something is done, it won't be the last time.
On Saturday 80 year old Jean Glionna was killed crossing the intersection of Southwest 80th avenue and southwest 80th street in her car.
Residents of the area say they've been fighting for years to get a traffic light installed, but haven't had success.
Bernie Goldhill a concerned resident of On Top of The World says,
"How many people have to die there before they put in a light?!"
According to the Marion County transportation planning department, there have been more than 10 crashes at that intersection in the last 5 years,one person was crippled, and two people have died.
County commissioner Jim Payton says he thinks the intersection deserves a traffic study, but isn't sure if it meets the state standards to require a traffic light.
- Bus Stop Safety- Dangerous Intersection in Trenton
- Dixie County Residents Hope Traffic Changes Will Help Solve Problems at Dangerous Intersection
- Top Ten Crash Intersections in Gainesville
- Sewage Line Breaks, Causes Raw Sewage to Spill onto Intersection
- Black Bear Spotted Near Busy Intersection
- Florida man asleep at intersection flees police
- The Dangers of a Drug Named "Molly "
- "Thigh Gap:" A Dangerous New Trend
- Dangerous Habit of Smoking Alcohol Gains Popularity
- Truck Bed Dangers