Convicted killer John Hartley was sentenced to life in prison Wednesday.
Hartley was found guilty of second degree murder and two counts of grand theft.
The family of Eljin Whittenburg also made an appearance at the Alachua County Courthouse to read a letter to the judge and let Hartley know how they feel.
"We are forced to grieve and hope that we can find some tiny bit of solace in the knowledge that you will not go free to devastate another innocent family."
In September, 2006... the 45- year- old Whittenburg of Windsor was found, stabbed in the neck.
Deputies arrested Hartley the same day after he was found driving the victim's car.
- Man Sentenced to 14 Years for Dog's Death
- Man Gets Life Sentence for Boy's Death
- Tampa Bay Man Sentenced to Death
- Former Gainesville fossil dealer sentenced
- Ocala Murder Sentencing
- Gregory Dove is sentenced for murder
- Snipes Sentenced for Tax Evasion
- Crawford Trial Sentencing Begins
- Family of 20 Year Old Sentenced to Death Speaks Out
- Salonko Sentencing