More Flex Days For Alachua County
The Alachua County School Board is adding more â€œFlex Daysâ€ to the school schedule for next year.
Since the 2004 hurricane season, three flex days have been set aside for make-up days. Now, the district will allow for six days, because there is always the possibility for more storms late in the seasons, they said.
Specific dates have been set aside as days to be used first, and parents and teachers will be able to see these days in advance on the district calendar.
At the beginning of this school year, Tropical Storm Fay has already taken up two of the three flex days for the 2008-2009 school year.
- Fathers Flex Their Muscles at Field Day Event
- Alachua County Drug Take Back Day
- County Holds First Veteran Referral Day
- Alachua County Students Play Mayor for the Day
- Alachua County Superintendent Delivers 100 Day Update
- Flex Film Fest Begins Today
- Alachua County Democratic Party Wants Alachua County Democratic Black Caucus Charter Revoked
- Local hotels bring in more money this week
- Residents becoming more concerned with flooding in Gainesville
- Alachua County Kicks Off School Superintendent Search With Public Forum