More Flex Days For Alachua County
The Alachua County School Board is adding more â€œFlex Daysâ€ to the school schedule for next year.
Since the 2004 hurricane season, three flex days have been set aside for make-up days. Now, the district will allow for six days, because there is always the possibility for more storms late in the seasons, they said.
Specific dates have been set aside as days to be used first, and parents and teachers will be able to see these days in advance on the district calendar.
At the beginning of this school year, Tropical Storm Fay has already taken up two of the three flex days for the 2008-2009 school year.
- Fathers Flex Their Muscles at Field Day Event
- "Maddie's Pet Adoption Days" Comes to Gainesville
- Alachua County Drug Take Back Day
- Residents becoming more concerned with flooding in Gainesville
- Fire chiefs ask for more money
- Flex Film Fest Begins Today
- Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Day
- County Holds First Veteran Referral Day
- Early Voting Ended, Today's The Day To Vote
- First Day of Testimony in Charles Smith Trial