More Flex Days For Alachua County
The Alachua County School Board is adding more â€œFlex Daysâ€ to the school schedule for next year.
Since the 2004 hurricane season, three flex days have been set aside for make-up days. Now, the district will allow for six days, because there is always the possibility for more storms late in the seasons, they said.
Specific dates have been set aside as days to be used first, and parents and teachers will be able to see these days in advance on the district calendar.
At the beginning of this school year, Tropical Storm Fay has already taken up two of the three flex days for the 2008-2009 school year.
- Fathers Flex Their Muscles at Field Day Event
- Alachua County Sheriff Asks County Commission For More Money
- More Chickens in Alachua County
- More Options to House Homeless Veterans in Alachua County
- Less Money, More Problems...Alachua County Budget
- New Alachua County Charter School Ready for First Day of School
- Alachua County Libraries Closed On Memorial Day
- Alachua County Students React to President's School Day Speech
- Alachua County Celebrates Earth Day
- Sheriff: Payne's Arrest is Big Day for Alachua County