Ralph Nader Campaigns At The University Of Florida
Presidential candidate Ralph Nader visited the University of Florida Tuesday to continue on his campaign for presidency.
Nader is on the ballot for the ecology party this election, and even though he believes it will be a Barack Obama landslide, he said voters should still choose him. Nader said a vote for him will help his effort to break a â€œtwo-party duopoly.â€
â€œTheir votes are better directed toward the Nader-Gonzalez ticket on the ecology party line here in Florida to strengthen the hammer and the watchdog function when we go back to Washington after the election,â€ Nader said.
During the on-campus rally, Nader talked about the issues â€“ the economic crisis, the war in Iraq, health care and the country's dependency on oil. He said he opposes off-shore drilling in Florida, and that auto makers should be producing more gas-efficient vehicles instead.
Nader also made several other stops in Florida Tuesday, including Jacksonville and Tampa.
- Florida Overpowers Vanderbilt to Victory
- Owner of Ralph's Burger House in Chiefland passes away
- Push America Gear Up Florida Campaign
- Walmart Thief Arrested Again
- Ocala midnight park shooting leaves a teenager hospitalized
- Florida Student Debt Average Lower Than Other States
- University of Florida professor detained in Middle East
- Florida Bright Futures Funding Goes Down, As Requirements Go Up
- Univeristy of Florida Police Officer Involved In Accident
- Fraternity To Be Closed Immediately on University of Florida Campus