School Board Member Arrested For Lewd Behavior
A North Central Florida school board member was arrested for lewd behavior in a Santa Fe College bathroom.
Billy Morrison was arrested Oct. 11, but his arrest for lewd behavior was not the first in the men's bathroom in Building J at the college. There was a similar incident in September 2007, and the bathroom is listed on some Internet sites as a place for the illegal activity.
"Exposure of a sexual nature is never an appropriate thing in a public setting, but on a campus in particular, we have children visiting us on different tours, going to the planetarium, looking at various programs," said Daryl Johnston, Santa Fe College police chief.
Morrison's chair was empty at Tuesday's school board meeting, but his removal or discipline is in the hands of Governor Charlie Crist. The governor's spokesperson said Crist was not aware of the arrest, but probably wouldn't take action because it was a first degree misdemeanor, not a felony.
Morrison said Tuesday morning he had not been contacted by the governor's office. He refused to answer other questions.
- School Board Policy Changes Bring Conflict Among Board Members
- New Ocala School Board Member Proposes Corporal Punishment in Schools
- Teacher Accused Of Having Sex With 15-Year-Old, Terminated From School
- Gov. Scott Appoints 5 New Members To State Board Over Universities
- Union Willing To Work With Board Members
- Veterans Advisory Board Members Question County's Priorities
- Member of Occupy Gainesville Arrested
- Facebook Photo Leads to Arrest of Two Alleged Gang Members
- Alachua County School Board Debates Implementing School Uniforms
- School Board Approves School Uniforms