Severe Weather Hits Area
The effects of today's storm were felt throughout the region... but some residents were hit harder than others.
The Alachua County 9-11 Center was flooded with calls this afternoon...because the region was flooded with rain water. But one resident had more than just water to deal with....he's now having to repair his roof after high winds toppled a tree.
Loren Miller has to clean up after the storm. as soon as the rain stopped, he had to /start/ picking up the leaves and branches that littered his yard...in a neighborhood in Northwest Gainesville.
But he says this debris in his yard is /nothing/ compared to what his neighbor across the street has to deal with...this tree fell on Charlie Guy's house.
And Miller says all he could do was stand by as it fell.
Miller says he didn't guy's number, so he called another neighbor... to let charlie guy know what was waiting for him when he returned from work.
Debris was blown all over the road in this neighborhood. and on 39th Avenue...a tree fell into on-coming traffic.
There were two tornado warnings-- but no reported touchdowns-- for the region /and/ a flood advisory. The heaviest amounts of rainfall occurred between one and four this afternoon.... up to four inches...
And calls poured into the Alachua County 911 Center.
The man whose home was hit by a tree-- knows a little about trees. He's a plant biologist at U-F.
- Gainesville Residents Cleaning Up After Severe Weekend Weather
- Severe Weather Slammed North Central Florida
- Severe Weather in Dixie County
- Bradford County providing sandbags for residents following severe weather
- CFO Sink Establishes Storm Phone Line in Advance of Severe Weather
- Craiglist Scam Hits Our Area
- Snow, sleet, ice threat raised in several areas of the South
- Severe Weather Expected
- Severe Weather
- Severe Weather After Isaac