Walk Your Kids To School
A group of elementary kids and their parents had an unusual trip to school this morning. they got together to celebrate "International Walk Our Children To School Day."
"all over the world, kids are coming together with dignitaries, law enforcement officers, teachers and community leaders -- and they're walking to school."
Anita Kinsler, organizer of "International Walk Our Children To School Day," says they set up scenarios to give the kids an opportunity to use safety precautions ... like ...
"Look both ways to cross the street."
â€œDon't talk to strangers.â€
â€œStay away from suspicious vehicles..â€
Organizers say that it was the eighth annual event for Marion County Schools.Each year, a different elementary school participates.
- Bud Chiles Walks "One Million Steps for Florida's Kids"
- 5/20/13 Fitzness Minute: Amp up your Walks
- Kindergartener Walks Away From School
- How Safe Is the Walk To School?
- Children Learn of Possible Dangers when Walking to School
- A Walk to Remember for Newberry High School Grad
- Walk To School Day
- Who's Teaching Your Kids
- Keeping Your Kids Safe On The Road
- Kid Brings Guns to School