90-year-old Stops Home Invasion
Three would-be home invaders targeted an elderly woman Thursday night in Marion County.
90-year old Marjorie Abramski opened her front door just after 7 p.m. to find three people wearing jumpsuits and hoods. She said they seemed like teenagers, and even their faces were covered. The three tried to force entry through the screen door by punching a hole through it. But Abramski slammed another door shut and locked it, giving her a chance to call 911.
â€œI guess at that point they ran off, but I wasn't about to wait look and see,â€ she said.
Deputies arrived about 10 minutes later and searched the area by ground and by air, but did not find anyone. The only description investigators have is that they are three slender males wearing dark clothing. Anyone with information should call Crime Stoppers at 386-STOP.
- 90-year-old Florida Homeless Advocate Honored in DC
- 68-Year-Old Man Stops Robbery
- 18-year-old fatally shot in Clay County home robbery
- 16-Year-Old Shot and Killed at His Home in Palatka
- 33-year-old man shot and killed in Silver Springs home
- MCSO: 26-year-old man fatally shot in the driveway of a Silver Springs Shores home
- Amber Alert issued for missing Citrus County 1-year-old and 3-year-old
- 4-year-old dies after being strangled by 11-year-old, according to deputies
- 17-year-old dies in crash; 19-year-old injured
- 10-year-old boy charged in 2-year-old cousin's death