Residents of a Northeast Ocala neighborhood are forced to evacuate their homes for hours...after a restaurant owner...threatening suicide...barricades himself in his home.
Sheriff's officials say 63 year old Jerry Duvall told his daughter over the phone that he planned to commit suicide.
Once they got to the home...they found Duvall armed. Deputies say he did not point his gun at anyone...but told them to stay back.
"I saw them running around the house and going up to the door and trying to open it but they wouldn't go in...then they were scatting away...so then I was more interested and then...he got his rifle out and I got my video camera because I wanted to see more."
"He did threaten that if anyone came into the home...he would return fire but he was not initially aggressive."
Duvall finally came out of the house...and was driven "the centers". Neighbors say he has been struggling with cancer for years...and lately his business....Sandi D's...has not been doing well financially.
- Alabama Hostage Situation is Over
- Man Pulls Gun on Wife, Takes Friend Hostage
- A Grave Situation - Part One
- A Grave Situation - Part Two
- A Grave Situation - Part Three
- Months Later, Tent City Still A Messy Situation
- Can UF Handle A Situation Like The FSU Shooting?
- Standoff Situation Blocks Traffic
- Young Boy Held Hostage Celebrates Birthday
- Bradenton Man Shot By Police After Holding Girlfriend Hostage