Military Police Company Will Be Deployed
Â Â Â Â And the community also came to say good-bye.
Â Â Â Â "We wish you every success in completing your mission and obviously we pray for your safe return," U.S. Representative Cliff Stearns said.
Â Â Â Â The company includes soldiers from Ocala and Gainesville... but also Jacksonville and Tallahassee.
Â Â Â Â The farewell ceremony was at First Baptist Church in Ocala.
Â Â Â Â "I think there's a lot of anticipation.Â I think there's a lot of uncertainty.Â Whenever you go in a combat environment, it is uncertain.Â At the same time, I think they're determined and they're ready," Lt. Jeremiah Blocker, Company Commander, said.
Â Â Â Emotions were mixed because the soldiers' deployment date is getting closer.
Â Â Â Â And for many of the soldiers, it's their first time being deployed, and they say they're getting anxious.
Â Â Â Â "A little nervous.Â But they've got really good people here training us and I feel like I can do my job," Pfc. Sarah Bradley, said.
Â Â Â Â Bradley's mother was in the audience, and bradley says it gives her mom a chance to unite with other military families, who will be her support once her daughter leaves.
Â Â Â Â "It's going to be the families who are left back here, and they're going to need to give support to each other," Bradley said.
Â Â Â Â But for some families, it's not about who's left behind but about who's going along.Â Husband and wife Tina and Abdo Amer sit side-by-side at the ceremony and plan to serve side-by-side in Iraq to keep an eye on each other.
Â Â Â Â "If she's going to remain in the military and she's going to have to be deployed, I'd rather her be deployed with me," Abdo Amer said.
Â Â Â Â Soldiers say the farewell ceremony is an occasion for their families and friends to learn more about what they do... and what they are facing... and above all-- the honor these men and women who are volunteering their service to their country. Â
- Ocala’s 351st Military Police Company Deploy To Afghanistan
- 351st Military Police Company Combat Support Deployment
- Operation Rebuild
- Will the Gainesville Police Department be allowed to use a $2.8 Million Grant?
- Navy Dad Surprises Teen at High School Graduation
- City Waives Fees for Charter School
- Soldier Surprises Son in Time for Christmas
- Army Preventive Medicine Unit to Deploy
- Florida National Guard's 100th Deployment Ceremony Since September 11
- 100 Deployments From The Florida National Guard Since 9-11