They want smokers to kick the habit and the American cancer society is hoping today's annual "Great American Smokeout" will encourage some people to do just that. The event encourages smokers to quit for at least one day.
U-F has two programs aimed to help people stop smoking. One for employees and the other for students. All with the hope of ending a common addiction.
U-F also offers a similar program to its students called "Quit."
"This is a great time for students to quit smoking since we can really provide a lot of extra support."
Those involved say the program is very important even though the number of student smokers is at an all-time low.
For more information on the great American Smokeout just visit our website wcjb.com and click on the links section
- High Price of Racing
- Furloughs Threaten National Guard's Readiness in Event of a Hurricane
- Death Toll Rises to Two in Marion County from Meningitis Outbreak
- National Honor Choir Student
- Hopkins Prairie Fire
- National Tire Safety Week Puts Pressure on Drivers to Be, "Tire Smart"
- UF Health Advance Directive Educating Others About End-Of-Life Care
- Gas Prices Lower
- Adult Bullying, a Silent Problem
- A New Beginning for One Jacksonville Family