Some call it "Edu-tainment"... and some students were treated to some of it this week.
Performers from The Orlando Opera Company were at P-K Younge this week for Operapolooza.
The company calls the event "Edutainment"... because it's both educational and fun.
The Opera Company hopes these performances will bridge the gap between school and careers for students.
But even if some students aren't considering a career in opera.... event organizers just want to expose the students to something new.
All the performers are trained professionals with either a graduate or undergraduate degree in operatic performance.
- Florida Author Visits Library
- Florida Power and Light Co. Rates Increase
- Gas Prices Lower
- Adult Bullying, a Silent Problem
- A New Beginning for One Jacksonville Family
- Thousands of Letter Openers From Around The World On Display
- Jerky Treats Harming Pets
- Mandela Mourned as Inspiration in Many Struggles
- Prices of Dairy Products to Rise, Farmers Benefit
- County Aiming to Hire more Local Businesses