There are multiple victims in a shooting in the town of Bell. We have confirmed there are deaths.
Plane Crashes In Gainesville
UPDATE: The owner of the plane that crashed in Gainesville early this morning says the pilot was bringing a man to Gainesville for a kidney transplant.Â Robert Valle, Director of Operations for Air Key West, also says the other passenger was the man's wife.
The Federal Aviation Administration says three people were killed when their twin-engine plane crashed near the Gainesville airport.
FAA spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen says the crash occurred about 2:45 a.m. Friday when the plane was cleared for an instrument landing at the airport and visibility was limited.
The wreckage of the plane was found short of the runway at about
The victims' identities weren't immediately known. The aircraft was a Parntenavia P.68C, registered to Robert Valle of St. Croix. The FAA says the plane was flying in from Key West. A man who answered the phone at Air Key West, a charter company whose Web site lists Valle as director of operations, declined to comment
The National Transportation Safety Board and the FAA will investigate the crash.
Stay tuned to TV 20 for the latest
- 3 Dead After Plane Crashes In Northeast Gainesville
- Plane Departs from Gainesville, Crashes in Everglades
- A Plane Crash at Gainesville Regional Airport? No, Just a Simulation
- Pilot OK After Small Plane Crashes
- Passenger of Small Plane in Palatka Crash Dies
- Plane Crash Kills Two Men, NTSB Called in to Investigate
- NTSB Releases Preliminary Report on Marion Co. Plane Crash
- One Dead in Plane Crash
- Plane Crash Kills Three From North Central Florida
- Ocala Plane Crash