UF and Gainesville Fire Service
Gainesville City Leaders are floating a new plan to get compensated for the fire service they provide to the University Of Florida.
The city provides Fire Service to the University and has been trying to get UF to pay the bill. at today's City Commission meeting, City Leaders talked about getting UF to ask the state for help.
Seeking a partnership with the university, seek funding from the state to offset the city's cost for providing services to the university of Florida. Adding that to the city's legislatives priorities with the state and working with UF to get their support.
The Commission also recommended that the city come back with a study on how other institutions in other jurisdictions deal with their public safety services.
- Fire Service Cutbacks?
- Paying For Fire Services
- High Springs Fire Services Get An Extension: Agreement Not Met.
- High Springs Fire Service Contract to End Wednesday
- Tax Services In Gainesville, Refund Ripoff
- Gainesville RTS to Reduce Service Next Week
- Gainesville Tree Service Company Fined $153,000
- City Of Gainesville Faces Possible Layoffs-Cuts In Services
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Responds to Two Fires at Same Location
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Investigating Second Recent Fire in Apartment