Hundreds of residents came out Sunday night to celebrate the first night of Chanukah.
One would think that an ice Menorah is creative enough. But at Sunday's Chanukah celebrations the Menorah was made up of white and blue balloons. And it streched almost all the way to the roof of the stage in the Downtown Plaza.
A ladder was needed to light up the first candle all in an effort to celebrate its universal message. The Menorah lighting kicks off the celebration to the eight day Chanukah holiday. Also known as the festival of lights the Menorah symbolizes religious freedom. For more on this story please see video:
- Medical Spotlight: Great American Smoke Out
- Florida Author Visits Library
- Florida Power and Light Co. Rates Increase
- Mandela Mourned as Inspiration in Many Struggles
- Prices of Dairy Products to Rise, Farmers Benefit
- Jerky Treats Harming Pets
- Thousands of Letter Openers From Around The World On Display
- A New Beginning for One Jacksonville Family
- Adult Bullying, a Silent Problem
- Gas Prices Lower