Cyber Monday is a concept that was started back in 2005 by the National Retail Federation. Its division "shop.org" wanted to create some excitement for Internet retailing after Black Friday. But some retailers and customers in our area think that this promotional day is overrated.
Edward Thompson took a half day from work to spend time with his family and get started on early holiday shopping. He shops frequently for clothes online, but the idea of buying a chocolate over the Internet is just too much.
Jennifer Brown of Thornebrook chocolates says that the store relies on their regular customers but getting new ones is tough. For more on this story please see video:
- Local Businesses Take Hit on Cyber Monday
- Cyber Monday Preview
- Cyber Monday
- Retailers Hope to Profit on Cyber Monday
- Teachers and Legislators Work to Find Ways to Combat Cyber Bullying
- Cyber-Bullying, UF Students Fight Back
- 77 Cybercrime Offenders Caught by Florida CyberCrime Unit
- CyberKnife Treatment May Not be Covered Much Longer by Medicare
- Cyber Hook-Up Turns Lock-Up in High Springs
- First Lady to Speak in Gainesville Monday