Death toll on roadways in 2008
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, 40 people died this year in traffic-related crashes in Alachua County. That's 15 fewer deaths than in 2007.
But Marion County experienced a spike. FHP troopers report 83 people died in traffic-related crashes in Marion County in 2008, compared to 64 in 2007.
- Death Toll Rises to Two in Marion County from Meningitis Outbreak
- Argentine Train Crash Death Toll at 50
- Death Toll from Friday's Storms Remains at 39
- Death Toll from Oklahoma Tornadoes Rises to 20
- U.S. death toll from hurricane at 30
- Gainesville Police Conducting Increased Traffic Detail Along Roadways
- Series of Car Accidents Plague Gainesville Roadway
- Construction for new roadway begins this Summer
- NW 8th Ave. back open after power line falls in roadway
- 1 injured after tree falls on car in roadway