A special commission meeting took place this afternoon outlining some of the energy conservation strategies to be used in Alachua County. Some of these efforts can be very much felt in the holiday season. Do not expect to see too many christmas lights this year in Downtown Gainesville. The city is trying to conserve its energy.
Gainesville may very well be named the city of bows and wreaths this holiday season. The city is doing everything it can to cut back and conserve electricity costs for a second year. For more on this story please see video:
- Residents of Local Apartment Get Some Help Conserving Energy
- Alachua County Energy Conservation Expo
- Conservative Groups Seek Veto of Florida Energy Bill
- UF Study Shows Smart Forestry Techniques Can Help Conserve Water
- GRU Water Conservation
- National Water Conservation Tour Visits Ocala
- NCF Conservation Land May Be Put Up For Sale
- Do Farming and Conservation Go Together? Experts Say Yes.
- Otter Springs Hosts Conservation Summit
- Moving Forward To Conserve The Past