A special commission meeting took place this afternoon outlining some of the energy conservation strategies to be used in Alachua County. Some of these efforts can be very much felt in the holiday season. Do not expect to see too many christmas lights this year in Downtown Gainesville. The city is trying to conserve its energy.
Gainesville may very well be named the city of bows and wreaths this holiday season. The city is doing everything it can to cut back and conserve electricity costs for a second year. For more on this story please see video:
- UF students try to save century-old tree
- George P. Bush Makes a Stop in Gainesville, Encouraging Young Voters to Get to the Polls
- Governor proposes more funds for springs restoration
- Orange Lake Makes a Comeback But More Problems Surface
- Bear Spotted in Micanopy
- NCF Conservation Land May Be Put Up For Sale
- Is The Net Ban Affecting The Mullet Population?
- Memorial Day Weekend Boating
- Northern Part of "Loblolly Woods Nature Park" Up For Bids
- Bear Sightings Are Up