A Marion County woman is now accused of scamming at least seven churches in Levy and Marion Counties.
Deputies say 34 year old Misty Everly targeted four churches in Levy county and three in Marion in a scheme that involved her four year old daughter.
They say Everly would go into the churches and prey upon the congregation's sympathy, saying that her daughter was dying of kidney cancer and needed a transplant.
Pastor of Countryside Presbyterian Church Gary Marshall says,
"She's the best i've ever seen in over 20 years, of doing this. It's one thing her acting ability but the thing that bothers me most is using her daughter."
It's not the first time Misty Everly's found herself behind bars. She's been arrested twice before for fraud and grand larceny.
- Facebook Leads to Kidney Transplant
- Local Pastor Part Of Longest Kidney Donor Chain
- Real Estate Transaction Scams
- Florida Lottery Warns of Lottery Scam
- Publix Warns Shoppers About Facebook Scam
- Craiglist Scam Hits Our Area
- Detectives Look for Accomplice in Check Scam
- Woman Scammed In Mystery Shopper Job
- Accused Scam Ringleader Speaks Out
- Gainesville Police Arrest Two In Credit Card Scam