Owner of Ocala Elite Remembered
He brought joy to hundreds of kids, some of whom called him "Daddy" even though he wasn't their father.
He was a coach, mentor, and a friend.
33 year old Peter Sanchez, co-owner of Ocala Elite, a cheerleading and fitness gym, was killed in a five car collision Monday.
According to his family and friends, the former University of Miami cheerleader was living his dream at Ocala Elite where he taught children of all ages cheerleading and gymnastics.
His family says those were his passions growing up, and he was accomplished, having competed on the national championship cheerleading team. and being part of the opening show of the Olympics in 2006.
Peter's family and friends had a lot to say about the former cheerleader,
"He's just a great human being, kind honest sincere, and he loved this place. He loved the kids here, most of all he loved the children."
His family says owning Ocala Elite was a dream come true for Sanchez.
- Ocala Elite Owner Killed In Crash
- FL Lt. Governor Carlos Lopez-Cantera Visits Ocala Business Owners
- Ocala Store Owner Shut Down
- Downtown Ocala Business Owners: Renovation Troubles are "Worth It"
- Remembering the life of former Ocala Mayor E.L. Foster
- Ocala Remembers Fort Hood
- Ocala community remembers grandfather, grandson killed in crash
- Cuban-Americans Reconsidering Among Exile Elite, a Shift Over Cuba-US Policy
- Tasty Buddha Owner Speaks Out
- Missing Llama Reunited With Owner