At least 1 case of Enterovirus confirmed in Alachua County. Other possible cases being tested.
Teacher's Aide Charged With Second Degree Felony
A former teacher's aide was charged Thursday for a sex offense with a 13-year-old female student in March 2006.
26-year-old Jacob Terpos turned himself in and was charged with having sex with the girl two years after a sworn complaint was filed. Terpos was hired as a teacher's aid at Einstein Montessori School in Southwest Gainesville in October 2005. But five months later, he was accused of giving two female students beer and having sex with one of them. He was fired after the incident.
It's not unusual for a sworn complaint to go this long. Spencer Mann of the state attorney's office said they had to look at all the information in order to produce a formal charge, in this case a second degree felony.
"You had to look at that information, made sure we did our homework thoroughly before we made a charging decision," Mann said.
- Teacher's Pay Raise Merit Based
- Francis Marion Sticks to Policies Following Teacher's Sexual Battery Conviction
- Zimmerman Trial Day 7: State Tries to Prove Key Elements of Second Degree Murder Charge
- Ocala Teen Charged as an Adult for Attempted Second Degree Murder
- Arrest Warrant for Ocala Woman Charged with Second Degree Murder
- Missing New Orleans Teacher's Car Found, Body Inside
- Second-Degree Murder Charge in Trayvon Martin Case
- Fifth Grader Absolved of Felony Charges
- Mother Leaves Kids Home Alone, Faces Felony Neglect Charges
- Advantage Towing Could Be Facing Felony Charges