Alachua County Student Assaulted At School
Alachua County deputies say two 14 year old boys sexually assaulted a 13 year old girl at Kanapaha middle school in Gainesville on December 15th.
Deputies say they weren't notified of the incident until the 16th... but school board officials say there's a reason for that.
District Spokesperson Jackie Johnson tells TV20, "What happened was in late afternoon towards the end of the school day. A student reported an incident in the classroom then came in the next morning and gave a report that was significantly different, which raised it to another level and made it a law enforcement issue."
School officials say the incident took place while the teacher was out of the classroom and an aide was in a back office.
Deputies say they've sent their investigation to the state attorney's office where it will be reviewed before it is decided if action needs to be taken.
- School district investigation closed in school bus assault
- Another video capturing apparent assault on school bus
- Students Start Petition To Get Condoms In Schools
- Students stock schools with produce
- Alachua County Schools urging parents to register students
- Alachua County Pastor Arrested for Sexual Assault
- Upcoming art show to raise awareness about sexual assault
- Alachua County attorney arrested on sexual assault charges
- Alachua County Kicks Off School Superintendent Search With Public Forum
- Alachua County Schools Superintendent Picked