Arrest made in Gilchrist County murder case
On Wednesday, Gilchrist County Sheriff's investigators obtained an arrest warrant for Samuel Lane Pittman for first degree murder. Judge Walter Green signed the warrant and No Bond was assigned. Pittman was apprehended in Alachua County with assistance from the Alachua County Warrants Division.
The body of Willie James Ellison was found laying off of Tyler Grade Road on June 4, 2008. Investigators responded accordingly and after several months of diligent investigation, numerous recorded interviews, and witness testimony warrant for Pittman was obtained.
In one of his final official acts, outgoing Sheriff David Turner commended his staff on the countless hours, hard work and due diligence given to such a major investigation.
- Arrest Made in Gilchrist County Homicide
- Arrest Made in Dead Body Case
- Arrests Are Made in TV 20's Cold Case Feature
- Arrest made in former Chiefland High School's star athlete case
- Arrest Made in Murder of Interlachen Man
- Arrests Made in Chaffin Murder
- Arrest Made In 3 Year Old Murder
- Three Cases of EEE Virus Confirmed in Gilchrist County Horses
- Gilchrist County Health Department Announces Confirmation of First H1N1 Cases
- Man Behind Bars For Gilchrist County Murder