CONSTRUCTION WORKER FALLS
A day on the job turned dangerous when he slipped and fell underground.
The 50-year-old man was doing a safety inspection on the tunnel that would link Shands with the new cancer hospital across Archer Road.
The injured construction worker fell into a 30 foot cavity at a construction site near Shands. According to law enforcement this worker slipped from his ladder.
"the patient is alive we administered some medication for pain," said Richard Saulsberry, Gainesville Fire Rescue. University of Florida Police say that one of their officers found the worker at the site. For more on this story please see video:
- Construction Worker Falls Off Bridge
- October Jobs Report Leave Construction Workers Wanting More
- Construction Worker Dies After Lightning Strike
- Trench Collapse Traps Worker on City of Gainesville Construction Site
- Workers Caught Stealing Copper Wire from FBI Construction Site
- Construction Worker Freed from Hole
- Construction Workers Uncover Cannonball in Atlanta
- Beach Worker Run Over After Falling From Tractor
- Construction Nearing Completion at New Shands Cancer Hospital
- Unfinished Construction