Father of Molestation Victim Speaks Out
According to police, Joseph Stanavich, 61, of Ocala, is in jail for allegedly molesting an Ocala family and possibly others.
Police say it all started when Stanavich offered the family a safe place to live in his Ocala Park Estates home.
Michael, who didn't want to say his last name, his wife, two young daughters and a few pets, stayed with Stanavich for two months.
They met him through a church group called The Alpha Omega Institute.
Wendy, an alleged molestation victim, said Stanavich was a smooth talker.
"It was about two weeks ago maybe, he started putting his hands on me, I told him to quit and then my daughter told me a few days ago, he was touching her, in areas he should not be touching her," Wendy said.
Stanavich was investigated for similar charges in the early eighties in Washington state, although he was never convicted.
Stanavich now faces a possible life sentence and the family is concerned they may not have been the only victims.
"He goes to all other church groups and we're afraid it might happen to somebody else," Wendy said.
Stanavich has been arrested three times in Marion county and is currently on probation for larceny.
Stanavich refused an interview.
- Neighbor Speaks Out about Accused Child Molester
- Father Speaks Out About Son's Death
- Father of Murdered Children Speaks out
- 6 Months Later, Father of Murdered Teen Speaks Out
- Victims' Mothers Speak Out
- Home Invasion Victim Speaks Out
- Deadly Crash Victims' Family Speaks Out
- Family of High Springs Murder Victims Speak Out
- Victim Speaks Out in Hopes of Finding Rapist
- A Victim of Sexual Abuse Speaks Out After 16 Years