Levy Man Arrested After Scuffle
On Friday, the Levy County Sheriffâ€™s Office received numerous 9-1-1 calls that a man was armed with a handgun inside the Tackle Box Convenience store located on Hwy 19 in Fanning Springs.Â According to a Sheriff's Office release, a patron observed James Michael Johnson, of Old Town, concealing aÂ snack cake in his pants.Â
When Johnson walked out of the store, the patron stated to Johnson that he should not steal from the store.Â Johnson reached in his waistline and the witness noticed that Johnson had a gun concealed in his pants.Â The witness then wrestled Johnson to the ground and was able to disarm him prior to Deputies arriving on the scene.
Deputy Jimmy Anderson confiscated a loaded 22 caliber revolver and placed Johnson under arrest. Johnson did not have a permit for the gun, and has been charged with carrying a concealed firearm and aggravated assault. After contacting jail personnel, TV20 learned that Johnson was released from the Levy County Jail late Saturday Afternoon.
- Man Arrested after Speed Chase in Levy County
- Levy Man kills Wife, Arrested After Standoff With Deputies
- Levy County Man Arrested for Making a Destructive Device
- Knife-Wielding Tampa Man Arrested At Levy County Park
- Suwannee Man Arrested After Allegedly Killing Two Men
- Man Arrested After Underage Grandkids Found With Alcohol
- Man Arrested after Police Standoff
- Alachua County Man Arrested After Threatening Cab Driver With Butcher's Knife
- Man arrested after standoff in SW Gainesville
- Man Wanted on Columbia Embezzling Charges Arrested After Robbing Ocala Bank