PAWNING MORE STUFF
As a result one industry is thriving. And some stores are ready to give out loans and cash with no background checks or questions.
At one Northcentral Florida pawn shop, the slumping economy is turning into big business.
Before E-Bay, there were pawn shops, and they are proving to be quite successful in this economy. The stores' owners are finding many shoppers pawning valuables like gold, old guitars, or even R-V's to pay for simple things like food and medication.
"With the economy the way it is people are struggling to pay bills," says Jeremy Martin of the Oaks Pawn and Jewlry store. For more on this story please see video:
- Pawning For Gas
- Gainesville Police Search For Suspects In Pawn Shop Robbery
- Thieves Busted After Pawning Stolen Goods
- Bread of the Mighty Backpack Stuff
- Stuff the Bus Marion County
- Mighty Mini Horses Strut Their Stuff
- "Stuff the Bus" Making It's Way Across Marion County
- Stuff The Bus For Levy County School
- Stuff The Bus
- Operation Stuff the Bus