Apparent Murder-Suicide Kills 2
By Dan Breitwieser, TV 20 News.
A teen family member who called 911 says she was also a target of her stepfather's shotgun.
Deputies had been at the house just last week on a domestic violence call.
The Union County Sheriff's Office says that the autopsies on Sharon Bailey, 38, and Robert Bailey, 37, were completed Monday. The 17-year-old daughter who called 911 says her stepfather shot her mother.
Deputies say they came to the house Wednesday because of a fight between the teen and her stepfather.
Early Sunday morning, she says Robert shot through a bathroom door at her, before she ran out of the house to her brother's home. Deputies found her mother's body lying in the grass in front of the front door and her stepfather's body just inside the front door. Both had gunshot wounds to the head. A 12-gauge shotgun was found at the scene.
"It's a close-knit community any time you have a homicide or a suicide or something with a gun shot wound," said Major Garry Seay with the Union County Sheriff's Office. "It has a traumatic effect on the whole community."
Robert ran a mechanic's shop next door to the home. His mother told your Home Team he had been under a lot of stress recently and was upset she had lost her only son as well as a terrific daughter- in- law.
Seay says he knew both Robert and Sharon and says both were good people, calling Robert a gentle giant.
Investigators hope to talk to the teen Tuesday.
Robert Bailey's funeral will be Sunday at 2 P.M. at the Lulu Baptist Church.
- Two Bodies Found Inside Apartment from Apparent Murder-Suicide
- Waldo Man Threatens to Commit Murder-Suicide
- Detectives Investigate Murder-Suicide
- 8 Dead Including 6 Children in Gilchrist County Murder-Suicide
- Two dead in murder-suicide on Ocala's east side
- Attempted Murder-Suicide in Live Oak
- Two dead in murder-suicide
- Murder-Suicide at Tampa hospital
- Bizarre Murder/Suicide Premeditated?
- New Details in Washington State Double Murder/Suicide