FBI Raids UF Prof's Office, Home
A nuclear space power institute at the University of Florida has been raided by the FBI .Â Â
Supervisory Assistant U.S. Attorney Karen Rhew in Tallahassee says search warrants were served at the university's Innovative Nuclear Space Power and Propulsion Institute.
Anghale has been with the university for several stints as a faculty member of the department of nuclear and radiological engineering dating back to 1980.
Federal agents also searched Anghale's northwest Gainesville home and were seen leaving with several boxes.
Rhew would not comment on the target of the investigation, but
University of Florida spokesman Steve Orlando says the FBI was in the office of professor Samim Anghaie, the Iranian-born director of the institute.
Rhew would not comment on the investigation but did say no arrest warrants have been issued.
Orlando says the university is cooperating with the investigation and Anghaie's employment status is being reviewed.
University of Florida Spokesperson Steve Orlando had this to say: "We can't discuss anything as far as the nature of the investigation or what the subject of it is. Again we're referring all of those inquiries to the US Attorney's office in Tallahassee."
- Students Protest Against FBI Raids
- FBI RAIDS OLASANTE CLINIC
- One Year After FBI Raid of Gainesville Clinic and Still no Answers
- FBI Raid Exposes Online Crimes Against Children
- Home Raid Leads to Multiple Arrests
- Allegations Against UF Prof released
- FBI Identifies Suspect in Shooting of 2 Officers
- FBI: Officers Stormed Bunker When Child In Danger
- Tentative Agreement Made Between Alachua County Sheriff's Office and Some of Its Officers
- FDLE Raids Three Internet Cafes Across North Central Florida