Buchholz High School juniors Alex Shapiro and Bob Chen and Lincoln Middle seventh-grader Kevin Huang got perfect scores on the National Financial Literacy Challenge.
More than 75,000 students took the online test in November. The challenge consists of 35 questions related to basic personal finance. A topic all three students are very familiar with because they're members of the Academy of Finance at Buchholz High School.
"My students never say why are we learning this, when am I going to ever use this?" said Academy of Finance Director Michele Brothers. "They know that they're going to use these concepts."
Each student received a medal from the Treasury Department and a $1000 scholarship.
- Buchholz Students Keep Their Mind on Business During Panel Discussion
- Crist Open Minded on Offshore Oil Drilling
- A Local Muslim Leader Has Faith that Pastor Jones Will Change His Mind...
- Health Screenings Give Peace Of Mind
- Tattoo Removal: The Cost of Changing Your Mind
- Financial Fraud
- Hotel Financial Trouble
- Financial Free Speech
- North Central Florida YMCA in Financial Trouble
- Woman Claims Card Skimming Hit Her Financial Accounts