Gainesville Club Promoter Released from Jail
According to a police report, in September two women claim they were at Pereira's apartment where they passed out after drinking. The police report states they were moved to the bedroom and sexually assaulted. Police say when the women were taken to the hospital they refused forensic exams and decided not to press charges.
A few weeks later, one of the women decided she did want to press charges and the case was reopened. Police detectives interviewed suspects again. During an interview on January 7th, police say Pereira admitted to the crimes. Police say that without his statement this case would be close to impossible to pursue.
"Without his admission it would be a very difficult case to prosecute," said Gainesville Police Detective Joseph Mayo. "And personally I believe that without his admission this case wasn't going go much further. "
Pereira's attorney says he's waiting to look at the video of the police interview.
"I haven't read the entire supplement report, i'm waiting for that," said Attorney Nick Zissinopulos. "I'm waiting for videos and again until I see all of the info i'm not making any judgments and that's the same thing I would ask from everyone."
With over 4000 friends on Facebook and close to 2000 photos, "Luijo" is widely known in the Gainesville area as one of the top club promoters. One of Pereira's neighbors describes him as "very personable and helpful." Police say they are continuing the investigation to see if any more women come forward with the same complaints.
- Former Gator Released From Jail
- Yasmin Linder Released from Jail
- Mayor Craig Lowe is Released from Jail on Bond
- Man Accused of Identity Theft Released from Jail, Says He's a Victim
- Ex-state senator Dawson released from jail on drug violation
- Gators LB Morrison Released From Jail, Kava Lounge Releases Statement
- Tony Dungy Promotes Book in Gainesville
- Officer Jailed for Child Abuse, Released on Bond
- Jessamen Dunker Update: Gators OL Released From Jail
- Gators Linebacker Finley Released From Jail