National Pancake Day
Fluffy, warm and drizzled with syrup.
"The pancakes are buttery and fantastic and they melt in your mouth," Stephanie Denard, customer, said.
"There were free pancakes at IHOP.
And over a thousand customers crammed into the restaurant to get a stack.
"You say free pancakes and they come running," Tony Pignone, manager, said.
But all those customers equals a lot of pancakes.
"I've probably made about 3000 so far," one chef said.
And it's all for a good cause.
Customers made donations to the Children's Miracle Network... and managers say they expect to raise a lot of money.
"My box is full of lots of money, not a lot of rattling, lots of big bills. People are giving a lot this year," Pignone said.
Customers waited in line for almost an hour, but it's a win-win for everyone... Pancake-lovers get to enjoy some buttery goodness.
while donating to a good cause.
"It's to get people here, that's what the short-stack is. But once they're here, it's granted they're going to give," Grace Stack, customer, said.
- IHOP teaming up with Children's Miracle Network on National Pancake Day
- IHOP serving up free short stacks on National Pancake Day
- Catholic Charities Pancake Breakfast
- Student Sends Pancakes to Haiti
- Annual Pancake and Food Drive
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Seven
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Five
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Six
- Zimmerman Trial Day 11: Opening Statements
- Zimmerman Trial: Day 12, Crime-Scene Evidence