Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
A North Central Florida Family is Down and Out
Michael Criner and his wife Wendy said they've hit rock bottom.
"I'll flip burgers, I'll wash dishes, I'm an AFC certified mechanic, been that way for over 25 years...and I still can't find work," said Marion County resident Michael Criner.
First the Criner's house burnt down and since then the Criners said they have been through several hardships.
They thought they had found security, living in the home of Joseph Stanavich.
"He molested my daughter, his wife when she found out that he did that and that we turned him in that came over here and she decided that because we turned her husband in that she was going to have us evicted, so she gave me a three day notice," Criner said.
The Criners said they gave Stanavich around $4500 for rent and utilities in two months.
Now Stanavich is in jail without bond for lewd and lascivious molestation, and has turned down interview requests by TV 20.
His wife Leatha, who never lived with the family, wouldn't comment either.
A land use attorney says the rules of eviction can be tricky.
"The land lord in that situation has to prove to the court that the tenant is not fulfilling it's duties under the statutes and under the tenancy which is just to keep the place in decent condition," Attorney Steve Shaw said.
"I have young children myself and I can just imagine how they're feeling," neighbor Afiya Jackson said.
- Crime Rates Down In North Central Florida
- Two North Central Florida Families Have Their Fallen Marines Memorialized
- How Is North Central Florida Impacted by National Propane Shortage?
- Another Case of Meningitis in North Central Florida
- North Central Florida Honors Fallen Soldier
- North Central Florida Residents Monitor Rising Water Levels Along the Santa Fe
- Schools Across North Central Florida Begin FCAT Testing
- Home Sales in North Central Florida Rise Significantly Compared to Last Year
- North Central Florida Remembers Nelson Mandela
- North Central Florida Farmers Seeing Profits in Cotton