Paynes Prairie to get makeover
With billions of economic stimulus dollars on the way to Florida, local government agencies are scrambling to get their requests in on time.
One of those requests may include $25 million for a restroration project at Payne's Prairie Preserve. The project would restore the prairie to it's natural wetlands. Back in the days of cattle ranchers in Gainesville, the water was re-routed via canal to the Alachua Sink.
GRU officials say the project will improve the quality of water draining into the Floridian Aquifer and -- they hope -- make the land more attractive to visitors.
- Paynes Prairie Bison
- Paynes Prairie Bison Removal
- Paynes Prairie Restoration Project
- Sandhill Cranes Flock to Paynes Prairie
- Alligator Finds Home Along Paynes' Prairie Trail
- Driver Found in Paynes Prairie
- Paynes Prairie Preserve Migrating Birds
- Paynes Prairie's Future
- Paynes Prairie Bison Roundup Sparks Controversy
- Paynes Prairie Bison - One Year Later