Phones Down In Parts Of Alachua County
Alachua County, FL (February 11, 2009) â€“ The Alachua County Department of Public Safety has received information that phone lines in certain parts of Alachua County have been cut. This prevents residents from contacting law enforcement and fire services. The areas affected are High Springs, Alachua, La Crosse and Hague. If your phone is not working and you need any type of emergency service, please respond to your nearest police or fire station. Here is the list of police and fire departments near the areas affected:
Alachua Police Department: 15000 NW 142nd Terrace, Alachua
Fire Station 21: 15040 NW US 441, Alachua
High Springs Police Department: 110 NW 2nd Avenue, High Springs
High Springs Fire Department: 205 NW 1st Avenue, High Springs
La Crosse Volunteer Fire Department (ASO Staffed): 20421 N SR 212, La Crosse
As soon as phone service is restored, we will notify affected residents.
For more information, please contact the Alachua County Department of Public Safety, Public Information Officer, Carol Davis at 352-258-9966.
- Gainesville/Alachua County's 10-Year plan to end homelessness- Part 2
- Cell Phone Addiction Part 1
- Cell Phone Addiction Part 2
- Cell Phone Addiction Part 3
- Alachua County Volunteers Track Down the Homeless
- Detectives cracking down on meth labs in Alachua County
- Breaking Down Bullies: Part 1
- Exclusive sit down with President Fuchs on first day of fall Part. 2
- Exclusive sit down with President Fuchs on first day of fall Part. 1
- Parts of University Avenue were closed down for hundreds to honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.