Santa Fe students, officials push transportation bill
Santa Fe College President Jackson Sasser says student government leaders have pushed for a transportation fee for years.
And even though the move has failed in the past, Sasser says he's optimistic it will go through the Legislature this year.
Right now, the bill is sponsored by state Rep. Chuck Chestnut in the Florida House and by state Sen. Steve Oelrich in the Senate. If passed, it would only affect Santa Fe College.
- Students, Parents Take Part In Family Field Day
- Colleges Losing Engineering Students, UF Responds
- Hispanic Students, Majority Enroll In College But Not Many Graduate
- State Officials Crack Down On Harassing Bill Collectors
- UF Fraternity Allowed To Register As An Official Student Organization
- Florida Lawmakers Push For Election Reform Bills
- Bill Lowering Student Loan Rates Moves to President's Desk
- New Bill Aims to Increase Financial Literacy Among Florida Students
- Santa Fe College President Putting Students and Employees First During Budget Process
- Santa Fe College Students Get a Ticket to Ride...