SECOND CRASH ON I-75
Just a few short hours after a deadly crash on I-75, troopers were back on the interstate investigating another major collision.
This wreck was just a few exits north of the earlier crash-this time at county road 318.
Troopers say it appears an A-B-F truck broke down and pulled over on the side of the road when a brown Maverick semi hit the back of it.
From there, two other vehicles were hit, shutting down the interstate for over two hours and backing up traffic for over five miles.
Stranded Motorist Tammy Castagno says,
" We had just gotten on the interstate about an hour, hour and a half ago from a soccer tournament in gainesville and we were stopped right away."
Boxes were scattered across the road that were marked to indicate they were filled with flammable gas lighters.
Traffic was stopped for over two hours, and one woman was taken to Shands with minor injuries.
- Two People Dead After A Crash On I-75
- Deadly crash kills two women on I-75
- Georgia Man, 26, Dies In I-75 Crash In Alachua County
- Deadly I-75 Crash
- Southbound Lanes of I-75 Remain Closed After Deadly Crashes
- 911 Calls Released in Deadly I-75 Crashes
- Surviving the Crashes on I-75
- Last Three Victims Identified in I-75 Crash
- 18 Cars Crash on I-75 in Alachua County
- Fiery Crash on I-75