Thelma Boltin Center
The building is 65 years old. Few people are left in Gainesville who can remember when it was constructed and for what reason. The historic marker unveiling ceremony celebrates the history of Thelma Boltin and her role with the center's operation.
The marker explains Thelma Boltin's inspiration for her center. Young people, Veterans and some familiar faces are celebrating Boltin's inspiration to entertain soldiers.
"This new historical marker really is a testament to what this building has meant here in our community and everyone from Tom Petty and Don Felder of the Eagles and others have played here so it's exciting for Gainesville to accept this new marker and to make note of the Thelma Boltin Center," says Mayor Hanrahan. For more on this story please see video:
- The Cancer Center Opens at North Florida Regional Medical Center
- Verizon to Open Finance Center in Central Florida
- State Approves Sale of Former Prison For Use as Homeless Center
- Ocala Trauma Center Fights to Stay Open
- UF Health Drops Lawsuit, ORMC Trauma Center Will Stay Open
- Center Of The Horse Capital Was Burglarized
- Juvenile Assesment Center Closing
- Three New Islam Signs at Dove Outreach Center
- New Urgent Care Center Opens in Gainesville
- Center Stage Closes After Three Decades