Animal Cruelty Charges
By Dan Breitwieser, TV 20 News.
Michael St. Louis says his neighbor's dog "Mijo" lunged at him when he was walking to his van Wednesday. He says the dog was still aggressive, so he went inside, got his shotgun and shot Mijo in his driveway.
But Marion County deputies say the evidence points otherwise. They found the dog in the owner's backyard and say, even injured, the dog was extremely friendly.
"Between the blood spatter and where the blood had pooled, it is obvious the shooting take place in the dog's yard," says Jenifer Fisher with the Marion County Sheriff's Office.
"That's why it's all going to court because no, that's not what happened," says St. Louis.
Deputies say Thursday, St. Louis admitted to shooting the dog across the street in his neighbor's backyard. But Friday, he is back to his original story.
Mijo was released by the vet Thursday--his owners were not home Friday afternoon. St. Louis has been charged with animal cruelty and trespassing on a dwelling with a firearm.
- State Attorney: charges dropped against Dunlap
- A New Leash on Life--Molly's Story of Survival
- Levy County Animal Services Takes 15 Dogs In For Animal Cruelty-- But Are Conditions Any Better There?
- Trenton Dog Owners Deny Running Puppy Mill
- Dogs Left Inside Car Saved By Samaritans & Officer
- Teens Arrested for Vandalizing Lake Weir Middle School
- Ocala Man Beats, Stabs Dog, Neighbors Intervene
- 20 dogs in Levy County cruelty case in need of homes
- Two Men Arrested by Miami-Dade Police for Running Illegal Slaughterhouse
- Animal Cruelty-Horse Ranch